Inappropriate use of Social Media channels can be a waste of time
Is Social Media Right for Your Organisation?
2. Know your goals – have clear, achievable and measureable metrics 3. Know your limits – set parameters and do not exceed them.
Once your organisation has answered these questions, then all organisations should ask themselves and develop four fundamental questions.
- Is engagement in social medium right for my organisation?
- What is the appropriate match of social medium to my marketing message?
- Develop a four step social media strategy appropriate to the product/message?
- Develop appropriate metrics for measurable and growth.
Companies and organisations should adopt a reality check and not get drawn into the latest and greatest money earning fade pushed out by so called experts that cite how Dell Computers made $6.5m using Twitter which when compared to a turnover of $61b is 0.01% of revenue – not very significant as incremental revenue. Perform a reality check and ask yourselves is this right for me. Decide what time, labour and budget will be allocated and do a “reality check” on the benefits.
The Intent of Social Media Channels
Top Social Media Challenges
3. Ability to interact with their audience
4. Successfully planning the campaign distinguishes you from the crowd